About Positively Postal
Positively Postal, helping you easily fill in the gaps in your collection, keeping it up to date and discover new postally inspired art.
Hello, my name is Scott Thomson and I am a stamp dealer and postal artist living in London.
I have been working professionally in the stamp industry for over 30 years so you can rest assured every item you purchase from me has been carefully and expertly curated.
Working in the stamp industry is much more than a profession – it’s also my life long passion – I’ve collected beautiful stamps for over 30 years – I love serving clients who share this passion for all things philatelic – Welcome to Positively Postal!
Here’s How I Can Help You:
- I can help you find those stamps needed to fill the gaps in your collection.
- Keep you up to date with all the latest new commemorative stamp issues.
- Supply more specialised stamps such as the ever-changing Machin Security definitives and Post and Go stamps.
- Create unique bespoke postal art pieces.
- Send you fantastic, uplifting and inspiring mail art.
- Find you quirky and colourful postally related gifts for yourself, family and friends.
Here are some comments from existing clients:
- “Superb stamp and fast delivery, very pleased thank you :)”
- “Stamps in mint condition, securely packed, arrived next day. Excellent service.”
- “Item accurately described! Absolutely perfect, thank you!”
- “Top quality, recommended seller!”
- “Easy transaction, fast despatch, very satisfied. Many thanks”
My main area of professional interest lies in the modern philately of Great Britain which with the many new issues is exciting, colourful, vibrant and constantly changing. I have a detailed knowledge of the Machin series of stamps, especially the more recent security definitives with their changing source and date codes as well as the various security backing types of paper. I am also fully conversant with all types of Post & Go stamps.
My creative streak has also led me to create quite a number of interesting and unusual works using stamps and the postal theme as my inspiration. My favourite piece to date, a six foot+ dalek filled in with used Dr Who and dalek stamps which took up a lot of a time and used a LOT of stamps (at least 1000!) was a true labour of love.
I made a Queen’s Head a day to tie in with the 50th anniversary of the Machin Head on British definitive stamps.
You can check out all 365 here and you can even select one to be sent to you in the post.
Are you a music lover? I have also curated a mail art call/exhibition with David Bowie asits theme, submissions for which you can see here.